Re: Best Anti Spy Software!

  • From: Bill <bill.cam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 05:43:53 -0500

hmm that depends onhow you determine what makes one the best.

live scanning?
the ability to back up prior to ridding one self of pest?
in my view the backup should be the default setting, not an extra step.

the ability to stop many differant categories of spy and add software.
plus hi jackers and trojans.
plus cookies.

consumer reports rated them this way,

add aware pro that cost money, pest patrol,
spy bot in third and web root spy sweeper in fourth.

realize this, they said that scanning in back ground is needed because spy
software is more prevalent than viruses are.

so add aware freeby is downgraded because only the paid versionoffers that
feature.

in addition its not very speech friendly, so my nod goes to pest patrol as
best for blind folks.
pest patrol and web root both need some mouse action to use them.

if you use eudora upgrade to latest version if you opt for pest patrol.

so the best freeby that scans is spy bot.

by the way neither the newest spy bot or add aware could remove lop.com
from a friends system.

that surprised me seeing as how that sucker was around for awhile.

another friend removed lop.com with web roots spy sweeper.

get the picture the software is always playing catch up similar to anti
virus software.

so one program may catch what others do not catch.

my advice use 2, and set only one to scan in background.

i like pest patrol because it automaticly removes all cookies 5 seconds
after there put on the drive.

not surehow to manage cookies with this apt because i never want any
cookies, but if you do then this feature may not be for you.

still if you want a recommendation, also consider hi jack this.

if you have a nasty this program is not for the beginner, but if you have a
clean system it can be very easy to use it.

run it on a clean system and safe a log for comparison purposes.

this tool is used when the others fail.

still my best anti hi jacker tool  is ghost, roll back prior to trouble
with ghost 2003.

bill