RE: Best Accessible Anti-virus Programs

  • From: "Brian Hansen" <BC.Hansen23@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 22:29:09 -0600

While I found the MS-Essentials to work really well with both JFW 10 & JFW
11, I did find that the program put a much heavier load on my system than I
was willing to deal with.  Currently I'm using Avast V4.8, and it works
quite well with JFW, and doesn't load my system down like MS-Essentials did.
Avast 5 was great as well, but they've changed the interface, and it's not
speech friendly at all.  If you just want it to function fully automatic in
the background, and handle everything as it sees fit, and if you can get
some help installing it, then I'd say go with it.  If you want complete
accessibility, and something that's very efficient on the system, then go
ahead and use Avast V4.8 until they get their interface
fixed.Blessings,Brian

  _____