Re: Basic Screen Reader?

  • From: "Mike & Barbara" <mb69mach1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:10:38 -0800

Hi Cher,

I now have NVDA installed just for the  specific reason of having an
alternate screen reader if Jaws crashes and I won't have to use Narrator.
There are no conflicts between NVDA and Jaws.  I use the same voice with
NVDA as I do with Jaws, which is Reed.  Once you have downloaded and install
NVDA press the insert + N keys to access the preferences menu and in there
is where you choose what synthesizer and voice you would like.  Below are 2
places you can download NVDA from.  The second is probably the easier of the
two.

http://www.NVDA-project.org

Or you can download NVDA 0.6P2, the current working version at:

http://www.nvda-project.org/wiki/Download

Hope this has helped.  Take care.

Mike

---