Re: Assigning Control+Alt Hotkeys To Microsoft Applications

  • From: "Francis Daniels" <fdaniels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "JFWLite List" <JFWLite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 20:09:54 -0800

Hi Grant,

That is one way to do it.  I've been frustrated as well because, when Office
gets installed, the programs cannot have hot key assignments made, and I
really like running the programs through hot keys.  So after the install, I
delete the program links from the Start menu, go to Start Menu | Settings |
Task bar and Start Menu.  Then I use the Add function to create a program
group called "Microsoft Office" and under that create Word, Excel and the
other programs I use.

Under Start Menu | Programs | Microsoft Office I  single click or select
without activating Microsoft Word.  You can use shift F10 or the
applications menu key to open the context menu, then up arrow once to
Propereties.  Now you can use the dialog box to define the hot keystroke.
Simply tab to Shortcup key.  It should say "none."  If it's Microsoft Word,
I like to assign Alt + Control + W as the hot key, so I press the letter W.
The Alt + Control + W gets filled in for me.  Then I tab to Apply and press
Enter to close.

Let me know if this makes sense. It's been a long day and my brain is fried.

Francis