Re: Ares P2P

  • From: "Michael G." <commodore128@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 20:46:15 -0600

Hi,

As someone mentioned in another post, there is a difference between "adware"
and "ad aware".  The latter is a program that removes adware from your
computer.  Adware is annoying software that is installed on your computer and
monitors  what your web habits are, what sort of searches you do, among other
things.  When you install the free version of Ares P2P, there is some adware
that is installed on your computer.  This is why I was interested in purchasing
the Pro version, which supposedly would allow you to uses Ares without the
adware.  But since I never got a response from the makers of this software, I
can't verify this.  So I decided to pass on purchasing it.  Now I'm looking for
another similar P2P client that works with Jaws.

Michael