Another jaws 9 and OE problem

  • From: "Richard sherman" <squirman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW Discussion List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 15:12:00 -0800

Hi all,

Here is another peculiarity that I am having with jaws 9 and OE. Has anyone
else noticed this or can anyone duplicate it? If so, I plan on dropping FS a
note regarding this possible problem.

I am using jaws 9 on an xp pro system, outlook express, and all the updates.

While in outlook express, put yourself into compose mode. You can either
reply, forward, or start a new message.

Please make sure the window is maximized.

The problem has to do with how many names you put into the to, cc, or bcc
field. Also these names cannot be entered manually, they must be selected in
the "select recipients" option under the tools menu.

In the select recipients dialog box, try the following:

 Please select 2 to 36 names, 37 to 49 names, or 50+ names.

press alt + T to put them into the to field. Press alt + C for the cc field.
Or press alt + B to put them into the bcc field. Of course, you can tab over
to the appropriate button, but read the next sentence and you will
understand why I have asked you to try using the keyboard commands.

Note: When you do the above step, note whether jaws gives you verbal
feedback of the keys you press. In my case, it will let me know that I have
pressed alt + T and alt + B. When I press alt + C, jaws does not speak any
of the keystrokes.

Exit the dialog box however you wish, Except for hitting the esc key.

If you selected 2 to 36 names, jaws should automatically start reading you
the names in that field, if you have focus on that particular field. If not
tab to that field. If you press the up or down arrow key, or press jaws key
+ up arrow, jaws should read the field properly. yet, if you press ctrl + A,
jaws will speak a bunch of semicolon's before speaking the names.

If you selected 37 to 49 names, jaws will not speak the field immediately.
if you press the up arrow, down arrow, or jaws key + up arrow, jaws will
speak a bunch of semicolon's. If you press ctrl + A, again jaws will speak a
bunch of semicolon's before speaking the whole list of names.

If you selected 50+ names, just like the one above, jaws will not speak the
field immediately. Pressing the up or down arrow , or jaws key + up arrow,
will only speak a bunch of semicolons. But if you press ctrl + A, then jaws
will speak a bunch of semicolon's and then the names. The only difference
here is it will not speak all the names, only a portion of the names that
should be in that field.

Since I only have 71 names in my address book, I do not know if there is any
other number breaks with different consequences.

Can anyone duplicate what I have mentioned above with the address fields or
the alt + C command?

Thanks for all the help in advance.

rich