Re: Adding users to XP

  • From: "Kiran Kaja" <kiran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:24:28 +0530

You don't need any sighted assistance to add or remove users. As you have
mentioned, go to users in control panel. Its not one of those standard
dialog box but Jaws does read all the controls. For adding a user, tab once
and you will land on "change an account" item. You will have to arrow down
to find the "create a new account" item and hit enter. The wizard will guide
from now on. You will have to give the account a name, select if it is
administrator account or a user account and if required, assign a password.

Jaws does read the welcome screen where you can select the username and
enter the password if required. Or if your friend has no problem with the
classic login screen where the username and password fields are simple text
boxes, you can switch to that. To do this, go to the "change the way users
logon or logoff" item in the control panel > users dialog and hit enter.
Uncheck the check box which says "use the welcome Screen" and activate the
"apply settings" button.

HTH,
Kiran.