[jawsscripts] Re: reclassing a non-standard ToolTip window?

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 21:12:27 -0700

Geoff, this is complex, & we don't have a lot of info to go on here.
Sometimes there are options in the app, which, when set, can make the
tooltips stay on longer. Bx utilities & similar ilk can often find
windows that are invisible & those can be reclassed. If u could
provide a more detailed description of wussup, perhaps we could be of
greater assistance.

On 11/29/09, Geoff Chapman <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey Mighty scripters.
>
> I reforward this queery for a second go around,
> in case it simply fell through the cracks. Of course I realize the null
> answer might be because nobody knows? he he!
>
> , might anyone be able to shed any light on how one might exactly go about
> seeking to reclass a non-standard ToolTip/PopUp window?  Such that jaws
> would speak it as the mouse hovers, as it does when these are standard
> ToolTip class type events I presume?
>
> Like how does one hang on to any such window long enough, to do any of the
> investigative work to seek to reclass it, if it disappears rather readily
> after xx seconds or whatever?
> and what specific investigative work/tools, could one use to determine what
> class of popup was being used?
>
> can HomeRow do this?  if not, any third party scripting tools out there that
> anyone knows about, that will facilitate this? i.e. JLS utilities, BX
> utilities, jfw technical, ... etc?
>
> Thanks for any tips as to this one.
>
> geoff c.

Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride
www.abletec.serverheaven.net
Please join me Saturday, 11/7, on my walk against breast cancer by
making a donation at:
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/larkspur>