[jawsscripts] quick heighlight window

  • From: "The Dark Count" <darkcount1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 05:38:13 -0700

Hi all.
I am running in to the following problem.

Using jaws 11 latest rev:

I am opening a window with a none standard control.
This control behaves as a read-only edit window.
Used to be with jaws 9 the window would act as a regular edit window.

1. One can still use the arrows to navigate as before, but now blank lines
repeat the last
populated line's text.

2. As of jfw 10 when the window gains focus the entire screen from scroll to
scroll bar is read.

3. The last condition does not repeat itself if one hits the next screen button.
So, I figure the window is flashing a heighlight at first for the first screen.

The program does not have a "heighlight, option for so long." to let the window
remain, thus I
can't test how the window heighlights itself as this happens quite quickly as
to judge by the
manual cursor attempts to find out its state.

Yet when one arrows down from a line which contains text, to a lower one; when
blank, the
previous line is repeated.

I want the window to be read line by line normaly, or to be able to at least
read the window,
and have the subsequent windows / screens read as the next screen button is
pressed.

Will appreciate advice.

Thanks,

D C