[jawsscripts] Re: jfw 10 focus change change?

  • From: "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 07:47:24 -0400

Hi Dave,

Do you still have other versions of JAWS still installed?  Do they still
work the same as before?

I am not familiar with the VMware Server application.  Does it's interface
work like the VMware Workstation or Player applications?  I know that
Workstation has a setting available to have the client OS grab the keyboard
anytime the mouse is inside the window.  I made sure to turn this off.

I have been having frequent USB disconnect / reconnect problems a lot over
the past week.  Coincidently this occurred only after installing JAWS 11
beta, which updated some common files for Sentinel drivers!  I have also
been using Workstation and Player a lot over the past two weeks.  Mostly
exercising the interface.  I have been debugging some scripts to force the
menus and summary dialogs to operate easier.  Chris Hallsworth and I have
developed these scripts so far.  Of course, VMware plays a lot with USB
drivers all the time so it can emulate the hardware and pass control to the
client OS.  Chris has not seen these problems.  I notice this problem right
away since I am using a USB keyboard.  A beta version of this work in
progress is currently hosted at:
http://mysite.verizon.net/marangs/VMware.html

I hope to post an update soon that adds a more natural way to get around the
summary and side bar dialogs.  For instance as you arrow up and down the
side bar tree view, the powered on status for that VM is announced.

We would love your feedback, especially if they make things easier for you.

Don Marang