[jawsscripts] html and virtual buffering

  • From: "The dark Count" <darkcount1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 02:48:50 -0800

Hi all.
Well one of my favorite programs has just updated and broke just about
everything I held
dear.
As it happens I am a bit rusty with scripting, but trying to figure out how to
fix stuff I ran into
objects.
This window is suddenly turned to an html rendering window from a text window.
So stuff
probably looks pretty on screen.
The good news is that the off screen model can se it, the bad thing is that
cursor keys are not
going to navigate the stuff.
 Reclassing did not work, so I am going to have to render this content on a
virtual buffer of
sorts since no msaa is present in the program.

1. So I can grab the text from the window and after putting it in the clipboard
render it in a
virtual buffer, but the links wil not work as usual.
2. I was able to hit a key  and have urls launch provided some text criteria
was met with the
prior window which was a mostly regular edit multi line type.
Again that is now gone because cursor keys do not work on this html type window.

Is there a way to access this text by any other method other than clipboard,
and is there a
way of bringing in links to activate as ie or firefox do, and well... how?

Jaws cursor reads the stuff, and so does real window.

Window Technical Information:
Control ID  1836010
Class  THTMLViewer
Handle  1836010