[jawsscripts] Re: Custom script per specific flash swf

  • From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 17:18:55 -0500

If your virtual cursor is inside your Flash object,
GetElementDescription should be able to return the Object parameter
that lists the swf's name.  Things get a bit more interesting in forms
mode though, where that function won't give you anything.

I guess a more general approach might look like this, assuming you
only have one document with no frames.  Warning, I have not tested or
even compiled this.

int function isThisMe(string myAppFileName)
; Returns True if the active HTML document appears to be running the indicated
Flash application.
; Pass the swf name, with extension.
; Returns False if the name is not found in any Object tag's HTML definition.
; Also returns False if there appears to be no currently active HTML document.
var
        object oDoc, object oColl,
        int i, int n
let oDoc = IEGetCurrentDocument()
if !oDoc then
        ; TODO:  Might want to report this.
        return False
endIf
let oColl = oDoc.GetElementsByTagName("object")
let n = oColl.length
let i = 0
let myAppName = stringLower(myAppName)
while i < n
        if stringContains(stringLower(oColl(i).OuterHTML, myAppName) then
                return True
        endIf
        let i = i +1
endWhile
return False
endFunction

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 03:58:45PM -0400, Mark A. DeMichele wrote:
I'm wring a Flash/Flex application.  I have the Flash/Flex custom script
installed.  I would like to augment the script and supply it to my
users.  I was wondering if I can supply a custom script that would
override some of the feature of the base Flash/Flex script but only for
my SWF.  I guess the root of the question is, is there any way within a
script to tell what SWF is loaded in flash?  I know the current
Flash/Flex script looks at the Window Class to determine it's flash.
Can anyone think of any way to determine it's my app?

Doug Lee, Senior Accessibility Programmer
SSB BART Group - Accessibility-on-Demand
mailto:doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done,
it was done." --Helen Keller