[jawsscripts] Re: automaximizing OE message window

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 09:04:33 -0700

Mario, do u remember what I told u regarding the Jaws cursor in my
course, i.e., that u had to route the Jaws cursor to the pc cursor cuz
u had absolutely no idea where it was--& that it could be anywhere on
the screen, not necessarily even in the application? Well, ahem. Also,
if you're going to do that, u should do a Jaws Page-up as well to get
jaws to the top of the screen.

Having said that, this is not the way I'd write the script, because u
don't actually need to use the jaws cursor at all.

I'd simply say
typekey("alt+space")
typekey("x")

Actually what I'd really likely do is use the sendmessage function,
but we didn't discuss that, as it's more of a windows than a Jaws
scripting function, so...

& hopefully, you're gonna upgrade that machine to something other than
xp or take it offline completely b4 support for it runs out, or you'll
likely have all the cybercriminals unleashing whatever attacks they're
reserving for April 9 & beyond.

On 2/7/14, Mario Brusco <mrb620@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, I want to automaximize the message of an email in Outlook Express. I
> added simple code to the default OE script
>
> Script, but it isn't working. Can someone help, please?
>

> Script Enter ()
>
> If ...
>
> EndIf
>

> If IsMessagesList(GetFocus()) Then
>
> let giWasMessagesList=TRUE
>
> SaveCursor ()
>
> JAWSCursor ()
>
> JAWSHome ()
>
> JAWSEnd ()
>
> PriorWord ()
>
> If GetWord () == "Restore Symbol" Then
>
> {alt+space}
>
> {x}
>
> PCCursor ()
>
> Else
>
> let giWasMessagesList=FALSE
>
> EndIf
>
> EndIf
>
> if ...

Jackie McBride
Author of the Upcoming Book
“Beyond Baffled: the Technophobe’s Guide to Creating a Website”
www.brighter-vision.com Where Visionaries & Technology Unite
Jaws Scripting training
www.screenreaderscripting.com