[jawsscripts] Re: advantages of object oriented over procedural API, plus Gw Fs Scripting methodology question.

  • From: Victor Tsaran <vtsaran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 11:44:47 -0700

Not to start a flame war here, but couple of points from myself.
1. Window-eyes opted to use proprietary technology, such as VBScript
which, in my view, does not at all promote open source access to
assistive technology.
2. JAWS scripting language isn't that bad, but it has two major
pitfalls: we have to rely on FS to maintain it and it lacks some very
basic data types, like floats and arrays. GW Micro did a smart thing by
taking the burden of script maintainance off their shoulders.
Object-oriented programming is great for larger projects but for what
most people would use scripting language, it is probably irrelevant.

Anyways, just my two cents.