[jawsscripts] adding offsets to Frames using presumably IniReads/writes??

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 16:35:39 +1100

ah Mighty scripters.
another question if I may. I'm needing to create the facility whereby I can
ask a person to change some numbers in some OffSet integer Variables, and
then have these applied to any GetTextInRects throughout my code, which I
believe I do know how to do,
, and, - this is the far trickier one, to frames coords as well.  To allow
for variations in where the actual terminal emulation  window may sit,
within the IBM pcsws client access terminal emulation application, across
various systems on which it might be installed?

might any kind soul possibly be able to provide me with either any code
tips, or as full blown an example code as one might desire, <grin,> never
having done this before myself,
as to just how I might go about applying a couple Offset Variables I would
create for the purpose,
i.e. FrameLeftOffset, and FrameTopOffset,
to all the frames Coords in a given .jff file?

I just have absolutely no clue myself yet, how I might get, say, an iniRead
style function, to presumably flip through each frame/section, and grab the
originX=
and originY=
parameter of each frame, apply the offset to them, and write them back again
in their correct place?

I presume this would be the only way?

thoughts anyone?

thanks.