[jawsscripts] Re: Window Hierarchy Question

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:42:12 -0500

Hi,
I'm scripting for an application called Keynote. The program has more than one
tab strip. I'm only interested in one of them. I want to fake the behavior of
DialogPageChangedEvent. In other words, if I hit Control + tab or Control +
Page Down, or Control + Shift + Tab or Control + Page UP, I want to find the
tab strip I'm interested in and speak the newly selected tab. When the program
gains focus, I want to do the same thing. So far, I've tried to use new text
event to send the invisible cursor to that window and speak the object name,
but I wasn't successful. Maybe that was the wrong approach. Maybe it was the
right approach, but I did something wrong or didn't understand what to do. The
general logic for my code was something like this.
if the window passed to new text event is not the same one focus is in and if
it's a tab control, put the invisible cursor there and speak the object name if
the object state is selected.

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810
Skype: jim.homme
Internal recipients,  Read my accessibility blog