[jawsscripts] Re: Window Hierarchy Question

  • From: "David Farough" <David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:24:38 -0500

I think it would depend on the application and the type of window that
you are looking at.  If it is a window that is used in more than one
place or context, then it might follow that the window hierarchy might
be different in each instance.  but I think that would depend to a large
extent on how the application was written, and whether or not the
developer was using a modular approach.

David Farough
Application Accessibility Coordinator/coordonateur de l'accessibilité
Information Technology Services Directorate /
Direction des services d'information technologiques
Public Service Commission / Commission de la fonction publique
Email / Courriel:  David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel. / Tél:    (613) 992-2779

>>> "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 10:07 am Thursday,
February 25, 2010 >>>
Hi,
Can you usually count on a particular window being in the same place in
the hierarchy of application windows?

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810
Skype: jim.homme
Internal recipients,  Read my accessibility blog

solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
immediately and then delete it.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without
the author's prior permission.  The views expressed in this e-mail
message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark Inc., its
subsidiaries, or affiliates.
Visit and contribute to The JAWS Script Repository
http://jawsscripts.com