[jawsscripts] Weird Movement of PCCursor

  • From: "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 15:00:04 -0500

I have a simple script that simply clicks on a button "Incoming Calls", that
makes another dialog appear below with the results.  I have an event function
that watches for that dialog and gather information, speak appropriately. and
move to the list view.  The function works, but I was curious and getting anal
about strange cursor movements.  Before I press F9 to run this script, both the
PC and JAWS cursors are in the edit box in the main window at 533, 363.
Afterwards, the JAWS cursor stays on the button at 368, 357.  This is somewhat
useful since the only way to get the total number of calls or voice mails is
from their custom ToolTip balloons.  It may not be extremely useful since I
have never had more than 10 voice mails and I never delete calls from the list.
 In that case it shows the last 100 calls.
Anyway, the PC cursor after the call is outside the application at 13, 11.  If
I press JAWS + t with the PC cursor active, it says nothing.  It does not have
focus on the application, the desktop or anywhere else.  If I press JAWS +t
with the JAWS cursor active, it says "Verizon Call Assistant".  Why does the PC
cursor wander outside the application?  Even if it tried to move to the button
when the left mouse button was clicked and failed, wouldn't the PC cursor
remain in the edit box?  Why does it do this?

The script is listed below.  It works properly and both cursors are returned to
the edit box if the save and restore cursor blocks are uncommented and the
PCCursor statement at the end is deleted.  That is probably what I will use in
the end.  This, however, will not allow me to obtain the totals.

Script DoIncomingCalls ()

SayMessage (OT_MESSAGE, MSG_INCOMING_CALLS_L, MSG_INCOMING_CALLS_S)

; SaveCursor () ; saves the prior cursor type (PC) - does not save its location

JAWSCursor ()

; RouteJAWSToPc () ; move the JAWS cursor to the PC cursor location so it can
be saved and returned to same location if moved

; SaveCursor () ; Saves the cursor type and location

If MoveToControl (ghWndMain, WCID_INCOMING_CALLS_BUTTON) Then

LeftMouseButton ()

Else

; SayString ("Incoming Calls button Not found!")

SayMessage (OT_ERROR, ERR_INCOMING_CALLS_L, ERR_INCOMING_CALLS_S)

EndIf

; RestoreCursor ()

; RoutePcToJAWS ()

; RestoreCursor ()