[jawsscripts] Re: UIA TreeScope

  • From: Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 08:51:49 -0800

Children looks at direct children only while descendants includes all
elements under the given element (grandchildren and so on). Subtree
includes the current element in addition to descendants.

On 7/7/15, Travis Roth <travis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

There are several TreeScope constants defined in UIA.jsh. At a glance some
of these seem to be pointing at the same thing. But in my tests I get
different results depending on which I use.
These seem ambiguous to me:
TreeScope_Children,
TreeScope_Descendants,
TreeScope_Subtree

But when I start a search at the root of a tree, I get different results if
I use TreeScope_Children and TreeScope_Subtree for example; though in my
mind everything should be a child of the root.
So do these have limits on depth perhaps?
Thanks.
Travis

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx