[jawsscripts] Re: Trouble Shooting A Script

  • From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:19:35 -0400

The single equal sign should be double in the If line.  Assuming you
added the Rem lines after trying to compile, you'll either have to
take them back out or change the "rem" to a semicolon before compiling
again, as the semicolon is what introduces comments in a JAWS script.

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 04:05:26PM -0700, Mark wrote:
Hi
     I don't understand why when the following code is similar to code from
several script files I have red why I get an error message in the If statement.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Rem start script

Rem set value for the If statement

let PAWS=GetWord ()

Rem insert a standard pause command

Pause ()

Rem check to see if the current button is the pause button and if so pause the
program.

If paws="Pause" Then

TypeString (" ")

EndIf

Rem let the user know that the program is paused.

Beep ()

     Thank you for your help.

God bless,

Mark

--
      Currently in Pendleton, Eastern Oregon Regional At Pendleton, Oregon
Clear, 86.0?F Wind:NW-320? at 10mph

Doug Lee, Senior Accessibility Programmer
SSB BART Group - Accessibility-on-Demand
mailto:doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done,
it was done." --Helen Keller