[jawsscripts] Re: Scripting playlist studeo

  • From: "Wally Harding" <wally.harding@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 20:37:00 +0100

Brian

I use station playlist studio on a regular basis and as I understand it
scripting items like elapsed time or time remaining etc can vary as to it's
reliability depending on the graphics system being used. I'm told It's like
different PC's will have this information in different locations on the
screen, on one PC it will be in one location, but on another PC the same
information seems to be in a slightly different place on the screen, so
testing any scripts on a variety of different machines would be a useful
exercise.

Also the positioning of this information can depend on whether you have the
insert tracks window open or not.

On my system I've created a frame for the remaining time information but it
only works correctly when I have the insert tracks window open. If I don't
have that window open my frame reports something completely different.

I'm no scripter so there may be ways of dealing with this kind of situation,
but I thought I'd let you know that it seems to exist.

Wally

Listen to the Wally World Wide show every Friday at 18:00 UTC, only on ACB
Radio Interactive.
www.interactive.acbradio.org
For the listen again service, or to subscribe to the Wally World Wide
podcast visit
www.incx.org