[jawsscripts] Saying two messages with a specific period of silence in between

  • From: "Kamil" <kamilimak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 22:11:01 -0400

Hi folks,

I would like JAWS to say two messages with exactly two-second silence in
between.
Neither Delay (20), nor twenty Pause () commands works,
since both starts right after the first message is sent to the TTS, not when
it's completely spoken.
I tried counting number of words in the first message,
and calculating the time needed for it to be completely spoken using the
current speech rate.
The result varies based on the total number of sylabels in the message.

Can you think of a better solution?
As far as I know, there is no function such as TtsIsDoneEvent or IsTtsBusy.

Thanks,

Camille