[jawsscripts] Research It resources

  • From: Léonie Watson <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 10:11:15 -0000

Hello,

I’d like to try writing a Research It module for Jaws. The information I’ve
been able to find on the FS website isn’t proving all that helpful though.

http://www.freedomscientific.com/Content/downloads/jaws/documentation/Resear
ch-It-Creating-Rule-Sets-for-JAWS.doc

I can’t get any of the examples included in this doc to work with Jaws 16.
The xQilla command line tool is no  longer available from the location
indicated, so it’s difficult to debug, but as far as I can work out the
examples return error code 4. I can’t find any reference to error code 4 in
the doc though.

I’ve spent some time searching for better guidance and/or tutorials, and
have come up blank. Knowing there are many experienced Jaws developers here
on-list, I thought I’d check in to see if anyone could suggest what I might
do next?

Thanks.

Léonie.