[jawsscripts] Re: New Way for Menus?

  • From: "Dean Masters" <dwmasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:58:21 -0500

I do have JAWS 9. I will check it out.

Thanks!

Dean

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Farough" <David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "JAWS Scripts" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008 1:34 PM
Subject: [jawsscripts] Re: New Way for Menus?

What version of Jaws are you using?

If you do not already have the most recent basic training for Jaws 9
and magic, you can download the self extracting Daisy file from the
following URL:
ftp://ftp.freedomscientific.com/users/hj/private/WebFiles/daisy/JAWS9BasicTraining.exe

There is a topic which deals with the New Office 2007 interface and
discusses how to use the ribbon.  This may answer some of your
questions.

David Farough
Application Accessibility Coordinator/coordonateur de l'accessibilité
Information Technology Services Directorate /
Direction des services d'information technologiques
Public Service Commission / Commission de la fonction publique
Email / Courriel:  David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel. / Tél:    (613) 992-2779

>>> "Dean Masters" <dwmasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 12:22 pm Friday, January
25, 2008 >>>
I am trying out Quickverse 2008 which they are trying to make as
similar to
the new MS products as possible. so do the new Office programs use tabs
and
ribbons rather than a menu bar?

With the JAWS cursor I can click on atab which takes the place of the
menu
bar. Then there are toolbars below it that stay there according to
which tab
is selected. I can move the focus to them then arrow around. If there
is a
menu I can arrow up and down through them. Then when I want to go to
the
bible pane, let's say, I have to move the JAWS cursor then route the PC
JAWS.

Is this the way Microsoft Word 2007 works? if so, how can I use scripts
make it work the same way? If I could just get the handle on the way
the
tabs and ribbons work then I might be able to write a script to move
the
focus to the Bible even though there doesn't seem to be an
AppMainWindow.

Dean