[jawsscripts] Re: Making progress on connecting JAWS to DLL but...

  • From: "Peter Torpey" <ptorpey00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 23:01:43 -0400

Soronel,

I mis-spoke in my note below. I did indeed see the lib file in my project
as I did in yours. So that was not the problem.

I compared both projects and can't figure out the difference. I seem to
have all of the same classes and the IDL file looks similar. Maybe there
was some other setting that you made when creating or configuring the
project that I missed?

As I said, when I added the class to interface to JAWS, I did create it as a
dual dispatch and set the project to compile as X64.

Something is still missing and I don't know where to look.

I replaced your line of code that creates the object in the JAWS script with
mine:

var object testObj = CreateObject ("SimpleDLL.MyFuncts" )

where SimpleDLL is my project name and MyFuncts is the class I added to
connect to JAWS.

Here is the IDL file. As you can see it references MyFuncts and seems to
have been created as a dual dispatch object. Does this tell you anything
about what is wrong with my project?

// SimpleDLL.idl : IDL source for SimpleDLL

//

// This file will be processed by the MIDL tool to

// produce the type library (SimpleDLL.tlb) and marshalling code.

import "oaidl.idl";

import "ocidl.idl";

[

object,

uuid(BD648E9E-8417-4D91-AE4C-CF4825BCC7A8),

dual,

nonextensible,

pointer_default(unique)

]

interface IMyFuncts : IDispatch{

};

[

uuid(FD9DD04D-0104-4D2E-94A9-8610EA8FDEBA),

version(1.0),

]

library SimpleDLLLib

{

importlib("stdole2.tlb");

[

uuid(88306E73-DEAB-438C-9041-6E40EEC33F17)

]

coclass MyFuncts

{

[default] interface IMyFuncts;