[jawsscripts] Re: Jaws Scripts and WPF AutomationProperties.HelpText property value

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 22:51:39 +1000

yes, it definitely would, and in fact does, Sean.

it is important that everyone realizes, if people didn't already, that
installing a new version of jaws installs a new version of the global video
intercept file, "jawsvid.dll," which it shoves into the video chain in a
certain capacity during install, and which is also coppied into the
c:\system\windows32 folder.

all older versions of jaws will now use this new video intercept file,
regardless of whether they are any longer optimally matched for features in
the new jawsVid.dll shipping with the latest version.  this means in
practise, that you certainly could get the situation that after installing a
new version  of jaws, older versions of jaws may not work as before,
because, as I say, they're all now using this updated jawsvid.dll file