[jawsscripts] Re: JAWS and Visual Studio - How to see method parameters

  • From: "Luke, GORDON (L&P IT)" <gordon.luke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 08:48:27 +0100

Hi Peter
I think all you need to do is rather than pressing tab to complete the method
press instead the left parenthesis key (

This should complete the method and allow you to use your up and down arrow
keys to go through the various options.

Another approach is to put your cursor on the method and press F12 which will
open up the full class definitions allowing you to see the overloads available
on this method and all the other methods within the class.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Gordon Luke
Sent from my iPhone

On 24 Jul 2015, at 20:46, Peter Torpey <ptorpey00@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Using JAWS with Visual Studio, Intellisense suggests a list of possible
methods available for a particular object after one types the "period"
following the object name. Then when I arrow down with JAWS, I can hear and
select the desired method by hitting tab.

I am using Visual Studio 2013 now, but in previous versions of Visual Studio
I seem to remember that after selecting the desired method, Intellisense
would then also suggest the types of parameters available for the method as
I populated the argument list for the method. I don't see this happening
with Visual Studio 2013.

Some place on the web I saw that one should be able to hit
control+space+enter to bring up the possible list of arguments, but that
didn't work either.

What I've been doing in the meantime is to just Google any methods for which
I can remember the arguments, but this is inefficient.

Is there a special keystroke for popping up list of argument types or some
other way of doing this within the Visual Studio UI using JAWS?

Thanks.

--Pete

In earlier

This email is security checked and subject to the disclaimer on web-page:
http://www.capita.co.uk/email-disclaimer.aspx