[jawsscripts] JAWS List box question

  • From: "David Pinto" <davepinto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 14:14:03 -0700

I use dlgSelectItemInList () quite a bit because I need the index of the
selected item to be returned. However, with lists created with
dlgSelectItemInList (), when the list contains, say, 6 items starting with
the letter A, and the last item that starts with A is named, say, Axle, then
you have to press A, 6 times to get to Axle, because typing A X, would move
you to the first item that starts with the letter X. Contrast this with when
you are in the list view of the JAWS links list, where when typing faster
than a certain base rate, each letter builds the name that is searched for.
It would be vastly more convenient to have items in the JAWS dialog lists
that are built with dlgSelectItemInList () and similar functions, to be
selectable by typing more than one letter. Does anyone know if JAWS supports
creating such a dialog? Or is their a convenient workaround to enable this
type of functionality?

David Pinto
YesAccessible.com