[jawsscripts] JAWS 13 fails to activate a link which JAWS 10 can do just fine!

  • From: Kamil <kamilimak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 19:40:17 -0500

Hi all,

I have a web page on which there is an anchor tag as below:
  <A id="myTab" href="javascript:void(0)" goto="#tab-content2"
jQuery171006953337411234167="3">
    <SPAN>Me &amp; RBC</SPAN>
  </A>
Using JAWS 10, I can find and activate the link using InsertF7. But when
JAWS 13 is used for the same purpose, focus jumps to the link but does not
activate it.

Backtracking InsertF7, I ended up with the "DlgListOfLinks" function in
Virtual.jss. I couldn't dig any further since I couldn't file the code in
any jss file.

The link can be activated by calling its "click" method:
document.getElementById('myTab').click. I'm wondering how JAWS 13 tries to
activate the link that fails.

To my understanding "SelectALink4" function of the Internet Explorer.jss
uses the "click" method. But I don't know what "DlgListOfLinks" does to
activate a link.

This behaviour has been observed both on WinXP with IE7 and Win7 with IE8.

Any help would be highly appreciated,

Kamil