[jawsscripts] Internert Explorer JAWS scripts broken by JAWS 11 beta install

  • From: "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:23:23 -0400

Does anybody have extensions to scripts for Internet Explorer that are merged
with the factory JAWS 10 scripts?  I discovered that scripts that worked in
JAWS 10 stopped working just by installing the JAWS 11 beta?  If I uninstalled
JAWS 11 including shared components and then running a repair with the JAWS 10
installer, the scripts work again!  I also discovered that if I ran the jsx
install of the package that did the merge with Internet Explorer also fixed the
problem!  So I figure that the second JAWS 11 beta changed something in the
shared components that require all previous versions of "Internet Explorer.jss"
to be recompiled!  Does anybody else have this situation?  Have you seen this
problem?
In particular, the function that failed was navigating the DOM to find the
first link which was a graphic.  The lines that failed are pasted below.  I did
not take the time to determine which one of these lines failed or if it effects
all DOM related calls.

let oDoc = ieGetCurrentDocument ()

Let sURL = oDoc.url ; Creates the URL of the current page

; JAWS will not allow referencing more than one level

; Let sName = oDoc.links(0).alt

Let oLinks = oDoc.links

Let oGoLink = oLinks(0)

Let oImage = oGoLink.firstChild()

Let sName = oImage.alt

SayMessage (OT_DEBUG, "link Alt Text of link = " + sName)

; Looking for "Continue" graphic link and activate it!

oGoLink.focus()

oGoLink.click()

Don Marang