[jawsscripts] Re: Help required in using the MoveTo Function

  • From: "Mohith B. P." <ckm.mohith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 12:07:49 +0530

Hi Doug Lee,

Thank you for the suggestion. The implementation was a windowless I
guess. I did not get any UI for the same.
I used HSC which served the purpose.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohith B. P.

On 6/23/15, Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The third parameter for MoveTo() is optional and specifies in what
units you have given the other two parameters (x and y). Personally,
I've never used the third MoveTo parameter.

I think MoveTo will be a difficult function to use for your current
problem though. Silverlight usually provides UIA, unless it is a
windowless implementation.

If you're using JAWS 15 or later, try the touch cursor (Shift-PCCursor
key) with left and right arrows. That may find a lot more than MoveTo
will, and without any scripting.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 10:47:23AM +0530, Mohith B. P. wrote:
Dear List,

I am considering writing a script using the "MoveTo" function.

There are 3 parameters in which I understand the x & y pixels.
However, I am struck in what to fill in the third parameter.

Please see the scenario below:

I have a webbased portal, in which there are 4 graphical links popped
up with Microsoft Silverlight.
Virtual PC cursor and JAWS cursor does not recognize anything. These
links are displayed in the same window.

I can move the mouse pointer with the help of mouse navigation keys
(Alt+Shift+Arrow).

I request you to explain the third parameter.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohith B. P.

--
"Strength is life, weakness is death"

Best Regards
Mohith B. P.
Personal ID:
bpmohith.ckm@xxxxxxxxx

Doug Lee, Senior Accessibility Programmer
SSB BART Group - Accessibility-on-Demand
mailto:doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done,
it was done." --Helen Keller