[jawsscripts] Re: HANDLING NON-SPEAKING CHECKED/UNCHECKED STATUS OF ITEMS, WAS Framing Easy CD-DA Extractor

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 09:14:52 -0700

Geoff:

Tooltip reading in most apps is a real pita simply because a lot of
extraneous info is spoken, especially in those which already have good
access. On the other hand, in those that don't, tooltips can be a
lifesaver if & only if (sounds like geometry, doesn't it?) the
programmer has built that facility in2 the program to begin
with--else, you're back at square1.  & it does not usually indicate
checked/unchecked status of something. Having said all that, in some
applications, it can provide excellent access where other techniques
don't. But I usually turn it on in order to label graphics & then turn
it off again.

Jackie McBride
& Check out my homepage at:
www.abletec.serverheaven.net