[jawsscripts] Re: Getting Object Information When Focus Is Not In a Window

  • From: chad.foster@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:22:08 -0500

You can, but you will need to get the object inside the window first.
Use the window handle along with one of the GetObject functions -- use
either GetObjectAtPoint if the window is visible, or
GetObjectFromEvent if the window is not visible.

Thx,

On 1/26/09, james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have an application and I want to get information about a window the
> focus is not in when the program gains focus. Can I get information about
> that window's object properties without moving focus to it? If so, how?
> Thanks.
>
> Jim
>
> James D Homme, Usability Engineering, Highmark Inc.,
> james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810
>
> "The difference between those who get what they wish for and those who
> don't is action. Therefore, every action you take is a complete
> success,regardless of the results." -- Jerrold Mundis
> Highmark internal only: For usability and accessibility:
> http://highwire.highmark.com/sites/iwov/hwt093/

Chad Foster
Access Technology Solutions
Leveling The Playing Field Through Technology
http://www.GO-ATS.net