[jawsscripts] Re: Copying From Web Browser without Blank Lines

  • From: "Paul Magill" <magills@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 22:54:53 +1000

Hi Joe,

depending on what the line breaks consist of, usually a carriage return,
line feed pair, "\N\R" in Jaws scripting, you may be able to do it with one
of the following lines:

; if you want no line breaks at all. That is, a continuous line of text.
LET VariableHoldingBlockOfText = StringReplaceSubstrings
(VariableHoldingBlockOfText, "\N\R", "")

; if there are places with one blank line, & you want to remove those single
blank lines.
LET VariableHoldingBlockOfText = StringReplaceSubstrings
(VariableHoldingBlockOfText, "\N\R\N\R", "\N\R")

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Paul from Aust