[jawsscripts] Bottom Edge Question

  • From: "Trent, Mike" <Mike.Trent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:02:44 -0500

I have a very simple script to read the word directly under the PC
cursor and then move to that word. This is for Rumba. I m using it to
read columns of text on the mainframe. It works fine except when I get
to the bottom of the page, then it just says blank. What I'd like to do
is know how to recognize the bottom edge and do or say something other
than 'blank'.

The script is as I said very simple.

Script SayWordOnNextLine ()
SaveCursor ()
InvisibleCursor ()
RouteInvisibleToPc ()
NextLine ()
SayWord ()
RoutePcToInvisible ()
EndScript

I found a BottomEdgeEvent function and a ProcessBoundaryStrike function
but I can't tell a lot about how they are used. The only reference
material I have is what comes with Jaws.

I have reclassed the window to a multi Line edit window. I don't know if
that is the correct thing to do or not.