[jawsscripts] Re: Activating A Function When A Window Gets And Loses Focus

  • From: "Don Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 17:08:50 -0400

Look in the FSDN documentation at the TetherJAWSToPC and the
FocusChangedEvent functions.  If you have not used event functions before,
it may seem confusing.  Basically, JAWS will call these event functions each
time that action is triggered.  In this case, every time the focus changes
from one window to another, such as the user pressing Tab.  You can create
your own version of the event handler which will get called instead of the
normal JAWS actions.  The number and type of parameters must match.  This
allows you to perform special actions when those events occur.  In your
case, you will want to check if the window handle is the appropriate window.
Fortunately, both the window that previously had the focus and the window
getting the focus are provided to you in the parameters.  Most likely, your
special event handler should call the same event handle before it finishes.
This will allow the normal JAWS things to still happen.

Don Marang

There is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any real
substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I am working
on things that matter.
Dean Kamen