[jawsscripts] Re: Accessibility of java awt based application

  • From: "Travis Roth" <travis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:26:32 -0600

AWT is a GUI library for Java that creats and displays UI elements such as
textboxes, forms, etc.
It is the original windowoing toolkit for Java, if memory serves. Swing was
created to take the place of AWT in most pure Java apps. And SWT is another
GUI toolkit that can be used in Java apps, and is even more accessible
primarily because it is able to use native UI elements that screen readers
already know how to use.