[jaws-uk] another couple of observations re startup

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:27:26 +0100

Hi everybody, further to my previous post re computers running slowly there are
a couple of things I didn't mention. Firstly Pier to Pier. Any P to P is going
to slow a system down considerably, and the longer it's running the slower your
system will be.
  Secondly office. When you install office only install the parts of it you
need. There's no point in installing all its programs if you don't need them.
Also, it will make a difference if you stop office running at startup.
                    John.