[jaws-uk] Re: Using JAWS with Adapted Keyboards

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:51:34 +0100

Andrew,

I'm afraid that I don't know much about keyboard guards or other types of
keyboard but I am curious to know if the lady has selected Jaws herself or
if this is a recommendation from a third party?

It would also be useful to know what kind of applications the lady wants to
get access to as this might give other options in terms of the access system
that is most appropriate for her.

Jaws is certainly very reliant on keystrokes to do most things, as are most
speech packages.  What goes through my head at this stage is whether a
speech recognition package in combination with Jaws (or another speech
software) might be a better solution than relying on keyboard input alone.

Further information about the tasks to be performed here might help guide an
opinion.

Hope this helps,

Jamie