[jaws-uk] Re: Strange Thing Happened

  • From: "ROBIN CLAYDEN" <robin.clayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:29:43 -0000

Hi Joan,

Like you, I always keep the previous version of jfw alive on my pc.

Here's what I do when I install a new version, in this case, 6.0.

Once installed, I went to the jaws 5.1 icon on the desktop, opened the
properties and changed the hot key to control Alt L, then I went to the jaws 6
icon, and made that one Control Alt J. You also have to remember to launch 5.1,
open the basics menu and uncheck the bit that says, load jaws at startup, or I
suspect, this is what has happened with you, the older version will still come
up first on boot up.

Cheers, Robin.