[jaws-uk] Removing old versions of Jaws

  • From: "David" <david.tregellas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws-Uk@Freelists. Org" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 17:18:11 +0100

Hi list,

I have several versions of Jaws from 5.1 to 7.0.  Thought I would try a bit
of spring cleaning and get rid of some of these old versions.

When I try this from "Add/Remove Software" in Control Panel every version
comes up with the message

"The install shield engine (Ikernel.exe) could not be launched.  Class not
registered."

Does this mean the relevant disks should be used in the uninstallation
process?  I'm sure I've removed previous versions without problems before.
Any comments would be appreciated.

I think it is probably wise to keep version 6.0 but would like to get rid of
5.0 and 5.1.

Regards

David