[jaws-uk] Re: Pdf Tif and Jpeg

  • From: "Phil Medway" <philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:06:16 +0100

Hi Dorothy,

Images can be rendered using a number of different methods, JPG, TIF, BMP,
GIF and PNG to name but a few.  Each of these has it's plus and minus points
and each have strengths over the others in particular areas.

For example; JPG images are widely used in digital cameras and on web pages
whereas TIF  files are commonly used by scanners.

Each image type requires different software techniques to render the image
on the screen and therefore are not necessarily compatible with one-another.

HTH,

Phil Medway

E-mail: philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tel: 01869 347639