[jaws-uk] Re: Menus not spoken.

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:08:08 +0100

The first thing you should consider doing is chainging the display settings,
Jaws until veersion 7.0 is very reliant on tracking highlights by colour.
1    Open Start menu and then Control Panel.
2    Press letter D to locate "Display" and press enter on it.
3    Change the "Theme" to "Windows Classic".
4    Press control+tab to reach the "settings" page.
5    Tab to "colour Quality" combo box and drop this to "16 bit colour".
6    Tab to "OK" button and press spacebar on it.
7    If asked to keep the changes tab to "yes" and press enter or spacebar on
it.
8    Restart the PC and try Jaws again.
You may also like to download and install the free update to Jaws 4.51 and
patch.

Download link for Jaws 4.51:
ftp://ftp.freedomscientific.com/users/hj/private/WebFiles/JAWS/j451119.exe

Jaws 4.51 patch:
ftp://ftp.freedomscientific.com/users/hj/private/WebFiles/JAWS/j451131patch.exe

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support