[jaws-uk] Re: License for Jaws.

  • From: susan mcdonald <susan_mcdonald52@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 16:56:18 +0100

Have you tried turning uac off while you set your licence, then turn uac back
on once it is done, some lap top users say they have had to do this not only
for jaws but for other programs too.

________________________________

From: sue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jaws-uk] License for Jaws.
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 13:16:54 +0100

Hi George.

You replied to an e-mail I sent to this list on Friday re my Jaws activation
not being recognised on my new laptop with Vista.  The message I get says that
error (6) feature is not licensed to run on this machine.  I type the
authorisation number in manually and then everything works fine until the next
time I switch my machine on and I get the same message again.

I don't even have any printing software on it at the moment or any extras that
I can think of.  The machine runs Vista home and my license for Jaws is Jaws
standard which I thought would be ok.

Is there anything else you can suggest?

Sue.

E-mail sue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx