[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws and scanning documents

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 16:21:52 -0000

Hi Kevin,

The Quick OCR facility does an OK job in some very limited situations in my
opinion.  It's certainly not, as Graham says, a fully fledged OCR software
and I think you'll get much better results sticking to your Kurzweil 1000.

The Quick OCR can be handy in some inaccessible screens but is no good for
scanning things like PDF documents which have text buried in graphics within
the document.

Jamie