[jaws-uk] JAWS, OFFICE 2010 Starter and difficulties in reading RTF FILES

  • From: Kevin Morris <drewdog101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 19:33:45 +0000

Hi all,

A friend has sent me her book in RTF format. I've downloaded to my
Windows 7 laptop (running Jaws version 11 and Microsoft Office 2010
Starter). The book is being read but porsions of it are being cut off
(I.E. the beginning of lines can not always be read by Jaws). Before I
could read Microsoft announced that it had to download software to
read (I assume this was some kind of plug-in for RTF). Can anybody
help please?
When I try to go to the menu (while in the book) pressing alt or alt
and "f" produces no effect so I've no way of adjusting the settings.

Many thanks,
Kevin
My blog www.kevinmorris101.wordpress.com