[jaws-uk] Re: Folder Nightmare!

  • From: "Phil Medway" <philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 22:37:31 -0000

Hi Hazel,

I have pasted below, the overview on briefcase from the XP help.  It explains
the uses of briefcase far more eloquently than I could.

Briefcase overview

If you frequently work on files outside your main computer (using a portable
computer, for example), you can use Briefcase to synchronize the files with
their counterparts on your main computer when you finish working on them.

When you reconnect your portable computer to your main computer (or insert a
removable disk containing the modified files), Briefcase automatically updates
the files on your main computer to the modified versions. You do not need to
move modified files out of Briefcase or delete the existing copies on your
main computer.

Briefcase stores files and displays their status. For instance, it can show you
whether a file is linked to the original file on your main computer, or
whether it is an
orphan file.
This information helps you keep files organized and prevents you from
accidentally deleting or copying over the most recent version of a file.

 Note
. When you are using Briefcase to copy files from your main computer to your
portable computer, the two computers must be connected, either over a network
or with a
direct cable connection.

HTH,

Phil Medway.