[jaws-uk] Re: Excel questions

  • From: "Pele West" <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 22:47:22 +0100

Hi Catherine

1. You can find out the name of the current Excel worksheet by pressing
<Control Pageup> or <Control Pagedown> and cycling through the sheets.  JAWS
will
speak them.  However, if you want to see the name, press <Alt O (format), H
(Sheet) R (Rename)>.  If you need to know the names for use by an Excel macro,
let me know.

2. I do not know if there is an easy  way of telling JAWS to speak a row
highlighted in a particular colour.  I expect it could be done with a script,
but I am not an
expert at this.  I would be interested to know, though.  I got round the
problem by writing a macro which checked the number value in a particular
column and
wrote the name of the colour in another column on the same row.  I could then
look for all the red or green or whatever coloured rows I wanted.

Let me know if you would like any more information on this.

Pele West