[j-say list] Re: the Dragon NaturallySpeaking command editor is extremely sluggish

  • From: "Ed. Rosenthal" <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 14:56:51 -0700

Pranav-it's interesting, because all of the left-hand navigation panel links
are hyperlinks, so whether the Command Browser is true HTML or not it
certainly uses hyperlinks to access some of the controls... I tried to
reproduce the problem that you're describing using a script that was at
least 90 lines long, and used the 'move to top'/'move to bottom', move
up/down X lines, and although my Press Page Down command doesn't work
properly on my portable keyboard used the keystroke itself and none of these
were sluggish or behaved oddly.

A few stray thoughts:
do you "set references" when you're writing this type of script
have you tried closing the window and saving the script (to compile) and
then opening it again to do some editing

-ed.