[j-say list] Re: mic status sounds and less greater

  • From: Lori Russell <goldenbc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 17:12:47 -0700

Thanks.

Lori Russell
Golden BC

On 06/02/2013 7:57 AM, Brian Hartgen wrote:
As an additional note, you should also set the jaws punctuation to "Some" rather than
"All".

Brian

On 6 Feb 2013, at 14:19, "Ed. Rosenthal" <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lori- let me suggest that you run a repair install of JSay and it should
restore the .wav files for the mic status.

Regarding the less greater...this is the system processing sound when in the
sleep state.  If this is a Win 7 laptop make sure that the 'onboard' mic has
been disabled (this is a known Win 7 bug whereby the onboard mic isn't muted
when an external mic is plugged in).  In addition you may find that cycling the
mic to 'true off' and back using Shift + f11 minimizes this less greater issue.

-ed.